Insurance and Payment
Payment is due at time of service. Patients who have dental insurance are expected to pay the amount of their estimated co-pay and deductible at time of service. Payments may be made using cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. We also offer extended payment options through CareCredit 3rd party financing.
As a courtesy to our insured patients, we submit claims to your insurance company free of charge. Most dental insurance plans do not cover 100% of the cost of your treatment. If your insurance claim has not been paid within 60 days of treatment you are responsible for payment in full to our office. If your insurance company pays your claim after you have already sent us your payment, we will readily reimburse you.
Please keep in mind that the dental insurance contract is an agreement between the patient and the insurance company; therefore, the patient is responsible for the bill, regardless of the insurance coverage. After 60 days the patient is responsible to pursue payment from the insurance company. All current documentation will be provided by mail in order to assist your inquiries. The insured has a better ability to deal with the insurance company as well as the employer responsible for their policy because the insurance companies will usually accommodate their policy holders with more earnest attention than they will a dental office.
If you are insured
- To help you better understand your dental plan and benefits, read your plan description, be familiar with the coverage and deductible on your insurance plan(s) and call your employer/personnel dept or insurance company regarding any questions you may have.
- Bring your insurance card with you on all your visits, especially at any time your dental insurance changes.
- Determine for yourself what is best for you. Understand that the insurance company may have restrictions on your care and some services may not be covered by your insurance. The doctors make their recommendations based on their knowledge of what is best for your oral health, not on what your benefits will cover.
Essential Dental Plan
New Haven Dental Group accepts Essential Dental Plan which allows members to have the dental care they need at the savings they can afford. Get instant access to savings on all dental services plus free exams and x-rays. Choose individual, two-individual, or family coverage and enjoy peace of mind knowing you can maintain your oral health. The Essential Dental Plan is not insurance.
- Returned checks are subject to a $25 charge.
- Duplication of radiographs. A fee of $25 and a signed release request form are required for duplicating x-rays requested by the patient.
Call a New Haven Dental Group dentist office now, we look forward to caring for you very well!